NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to those who sign up at the online sweepstakes page and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to admitted students of Saint Mary’s College is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Saint Mary’s College (the "Sponsor") their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Saint Mary’s College, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about December 10, 2018 and ending May 1, 2019. All online entries must be received before the next release of content.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Sweepstakes site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Saint Mary’s College. You may enter as many times as you wish, as long as you meet the requirement for eligibility. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Saint Mary’s College.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive the listed prize for that day’s giveaway. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Saint Mary’s College use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection, and the winner will also be announced in the Saint Mary’s College Class of 2023 Group on Facebook. Saint Mary’s College shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Saint Mary’s College, anyone acting on behalf of Saint Mary’s College, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Saint Mary’s College reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Saint Mary’s College may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Saint Mary’s College. Saint Mary’s College reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Saint Mary’s College has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Saint Mary’s College reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email updates periodically from Saint Mary’s College. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Saint Mary’s College and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND INDIANA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Indiana having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List:To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Saint Mary’s College
c/o Microsite Winners
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556-5001
Requests must be received no later than July 1, 2019.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is:
Saint Mary’s College
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5001
What Information is Collected
https://officially.saintmarys.edu may collect two types of information about you: personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and aggregate information that is anonymous (such as your IP address-a number used to identify your computer when you are on the Internet-or the type of browser you are using).
What We Will and Will Not Do with the Information You Provide
Officially.saintmarys.edu uses information generally to compile statistical data, keep in contact with users and provide them with a better interactive experience. We may use your information specifically for the following purposes: to provide easy access every time you return to the site without requiring re-entry of registration information; to keep you informed about products and services in which you may have interest; to complete business transactions; to contact you as part of a promotion; to allow you to make a posting on the Site; to administer individual accounts; to provide customer support; to meet legal requirements; to provide Internet security; and/or to analyze the collected information. Also, in the event that we are involved in a sale of a substantial portion of our business assets, customer information may be among the transferred assets.
Officially.saintmarys.edu works closely with our affiliates, business partners and certain other third parties who may perform functions on our behalf, such as providing promotional materials to our users, sending e-mail, managing data, processing credit card payments or providing customer service. They have access to your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform their functions and may not use it for any other purpose. Further, these business partners and other third parties may from time to time wish to extend special offers to you on their own behalf. We may use your personal information to assist our business partners in offering you these products, services and information and may act as an intermediary (for instance, sending you e-mail on their behalf).
When you visit the Site, we may store or recognize some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file that can help us in many ways. For example, cookies allow us to tailor our site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the Site may be severely limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Site’s best features.
Officially.saintmarys.edu also leverages Google’s Ad Words program using a remarketing program to advertise to you on other websites that feature the Google Ad Network. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show these ads across other sites on the Internet based upon your past visits to officially.saintmarys.edu. If you prefer not to be included in this program, you may opt out at https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Linking to Our Business Affiliates’ and Third Party Web Sites
The Site contains links to sites operated by our affiliates, business partners and other third parties. Once you leave the Site, you may or may not see a new URL in the location bar. Please review the linked site’s privacy policies, and if you do not agree to be bound by the terms of the policies governing that site, terminate your visit to that site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the sites operated by our business partners or other third parties.
If you have any concerns about privacy procedures at our Web site or wish to access or modify your personal information collected at the Site, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make any communications as complete and descriptive as possible, and we will attempt to respond promptly to your concerns.